Take A Walk On The Wild Side

Style is all about the art of mixing and matching. Fashion is not supposed to be 'safe', but instead should be daring and make a bold statement. Sometimes we get too comfortable and used to pairing together the same colors and patterns that we forget to take risks.

For today's outfit, I really tried to step out of my comfort zone and be a little more unexpected. I started off with the cheetah-printed leggings that I recently got and tried to pair it with colors and patterns that I normally wouldn't have. I originally planned to wear a black blazer with it but decided that it was too boring, so I tried to look for something else. That's when I spotted my bright cobalt blue blazer. At first I thought it would look horrible, but it actually worked. Feeling inspired, I paired it with a Union Jack tank top and red velvet sandals, and this is what I came up with:


What do you think? Does the mix and match of different colors and prints work? I know there's a so-called "rule" that wearing two different prints together is a fashion no-no, but I've never been one to follow the rules and I think that my outfit ended up looking quite nice. It just goes to show that you shouldn't be afraid to try to mix and match, because you never know what works and what doesn't until you try it on.


COBALT BLUE BLAZER by What A Girl Wants
UNION JACK TANK TOP from Topshop
CHEETAH LEGGINGS from Circles en Dots
BIRKIN from Hermes
RED VELVET SANDALS from The Shoe Lounge
STATEMENT NECKLACE from Chick Flick Collection


I got the leggings from a store called Circles en Dots in Alabang Town Center. I just love that store, because they sell so many cute clothes. I think I bought most of my leggings from there because the prices are so affordable.


As for the Union Jack tank top, I bought it when I was in Missouri. I love anything with the UK flag print on it. Actually, I just love anything British lol.



I chose a statement necklace to complete my ensemble because I strongly believe that the right accessories can really elevate a simple outfit and make it more fashionable.

As for the bag, today I used my all-time favorite Hermes Birkin. I am just absolutely obsessed with this bag. I think once you own a Birkin, you don't really need any other purse anymore. My dad bought mine for me when I was 21 during one of his overseas trips. The leather is Clemence, which is one of the softest leathers that the Birkins come in. I've wanted one since I was 16 and I was so happy the day I got it!



So what do you guys think of today's OOTD? Would love to hear your comments on this one.

As for the headband that I'm wearing in that last picture, stay tuned for my next blog post to find out more about it ;) It's called "Crystal Spike" and it's the latest trend straight from Bangkok.

xo

26 comments:

  1. SO cute! Love the outfit!


    Come by soon!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice outfit! I love your bag and your necklace!

    styleandchocolates.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a cute red purse!

    xoxo,
    Tallia
    trendinginfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brave! There's lots of colors and patterns.

    ♡, M

    http://meganmay7.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. One thing i love about reading your blog Kylie is that i can get something from it, like the rule because i didn't even know that there's a rule like that, yeah im that poor :(
    Anyways, i love how you put up your outfit even though it's not my style (but you're right, we have to get out in our comfort zone). Still i love how well you carry yourself and look classy and stunning.

    ps. looks like you have a hater up there XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sarah! :) I really appreciate the comments. And you're right about the hater, but I don't mind... At least he or she is reading my blog ;)

      xo

      Delete
  6. You did a great job mixing and matching this outfit you look pretty. Keep in touch.
    http://tifi11.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this outfit omg! <3 Lovely bag!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the mix and match of print and colors. It is amazing.

    http://thinkworkandgo.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like it! and ohhh the bag! You can never go wrong with that color. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking great!

    http://mypetitecorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good for you for taking a risk and trying an outfit! It ended up being something you loved! I loved the necklace!
    www.amemoryofus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. perfect. You look amaze-balls dear. Thanks for the visit once again in my blog.

    xo
    Sam
    http://fabulouspetite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow. I'm totally loving the animal print leggings. It's really nice. Plus your Hermes is dope! You're one rich lady.

    I have a new blogpost. It's called #BIRTHDAY2013. You might want to check it out? And leave a mark, maybe. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. yes i couldn't agree more, fashion shouldn't be safe all the time! good job on picking electrifying outfit :)

    x
    sartob

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! You are such a fashionista! I love everything! Thanks for dropping by my blog the other day! Mwahh! <3

    mineeh11.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love how you have styled this outfit, it's so unique I like it :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. You pulled it off girl!!! Lalalalove the bag! :)

    xoxo,

    www.missdream-girl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Aww your bag is so classy, cute (: x

    http://birdiethgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fabulous outfit! You look so amazing and stylish, love it! :)

    Take care always, love Christine ~ xo
    Chriissydollxo Blog | BlogLovin'

    ReplyDelete
  20. lovely mix and matching skills <3

    thanks for dropping by! would you like to follow each other?
    http://only4feet9.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. love the bag, blazer and pearl necklace :)

    http://www.lavinajampit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the blue blazer, sis. :)

    http://styleandglow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.